On Friday the 10th of december, Rob and I had planed a studio session in the Audient to track acoustic guitar and make a few changes for our final project. Below is the preproduction plan.
After arriving for our session we decided we would record straight into FL Studio to avoid complication signal routing and file exporting between Protools and FL Studio. Also time was a big factor in this session as Rob had other commitments that he could not get out off.
We decided it would be much easier to do all our tracking from the control room using the inbuilt pickups in our instruments and plugged directly into the avalon compressor. Using the patch bay we sent the avalon line out to a line in on a presonus audio one interface. The interface was then connected to my personal laptop via USB.
Tracking went when but took a little longer then initially anticipated but overall rob and I where pretty happy with the sound. We ended recording acoustic guitar, bass and a cigar box guitar to 2 tracks but decided to leave the final track ‘Video Game Track’ without recorded instruments as it didn’t fit Rob’s vision.
After competing recording and mixing in FL Studio, we bounced out steams into Logic X for the purpose of submitting a DAW session.
Although we Altered from our pre production plan, we where abel to recover quickly organise an alternative plan that worked better for the time we had. If we had more time I would have liked to have record in the live room following the pre production plan more closely to achieve a more professional sound. Rob and I worked well together and overall I was happy with our efforts.